Monday 1 November 2021

Robin Veen: 'Ruimte'

 

SPACE

 

I listen to the sky.

I hear the blue crystal-clear above the rooftops.

Something’s missing that should never have been there

and now it’s no longer there, I’ve forgotten what it was.

For days now I’ve been searching for the right word for silence.

 

I see the clock advancing on me.

Lost I stand staring at the emptiness of its dial.

No hour still tells me what time it is

and now that time is no longer there

I’ve forgotten when it was yesterday.

 

I sit imprisoned in the light.

I make myself smaller and smaller to fit inside it.

Closer and closer shadow creeps up on me till I disappear inside it

and now the sun’s no longer there, I’ve forgotten where I was.

What is still space when you are confined inside it.


To see the original poem, go to here

No comments: